Women’s Golf Lessons at Morningstar
Women’s Golf Lessons and Coaching in Parksville, BC
The Randle Golf Academy has partnered with Operation 36 to launch a great new Women’s Lesson Program at Morningstar in Parksville. The Program offers lessons for beginners, intermediate and experienced female golfers and combines group lessons with fun, on-course outings.
Programming is designed with the philosophy that new golfers should learn short shots around and on the green first and then play longer holes as their skills develop. This leads to two keys for long term success – it’s more fun and developing golfers start making pars and shooting low scores very quickly because the hole length is appropriate for their level of play!
The key element for a lesson program for newer golfers is everyone needs to be having fun! We believe this is achieved by basing our program on PLAYING golf on the course and designing fun and engaging learning settings. Women golfers can enter our program at any time and at any point in their development. They will then progress through our program at their own pace. Our lesson plans are designed to be adaptable to players of various skills so we can keep golfers with their friends, making classes more comfortable and fun.
Lessons are in small groups with a maximum of 5 golfers per coach. Students can also add some private coaching to their program whenever they want and at a reduced price as part of our academy! Every program includes bi-monthly golf events on the golf course. These are fun, 9-hole games where the our students get the chance to try out their new skills. After each event, any golfers who have advanced to a hugher level and had their best round are recognized and celebrated in a small ceremony. There are lots of big smiles every week and maybe a glass of wine every once in a while!
Our Women’s Lesson Program consists of three levels:
- New Golfers – These golfers begin their journey in Division 1 of Op 36, playing golf holes that are 25 yards long. Classes focus on the skills needed for a golfer to successfully shoot a score of 36 or lower for 9 holes at this length. When the juniors pass Division 1, they graduate to Division 2 and the holes lengthen to 50 yards.
- Developing Golfers – After successfully shooting 36 or lower on 9 holes of 50 yards, our budding stars move to Division 3 and holes of 100 yards in length. The curriculum grows along with the longer holes with every broadening skills being learned and more distance being created. After Division 3 is conquered, Division 4 awaits and the holes are now 150 yards long. By this point, our students have a lot of mementum and are really enjoying the challenge of the bi-weekly golf events and the chance to pass a Division or set new personal records.
- Experienced Golfers – When students in our program pass the Division 4 standard, they are really becoming very good! Division 5 presents 200 yard holes and as skills continue to grow and scoring thresholds are passed, 250-yard holes and then the forward tees on the course are Levels 6 and 7. When our women can shoot a score of 36 or lower from the forward tees, we call the LPGA and send them out on tour!
- Yearly Registration Fee – $40 plus GST
- Semester Fees – $360 plus GST (can be paid $180 per month)
- Eight 60-minute classes
- Four on-course golf events
- Op 36 App for tracking progress
- “Graduation Gifts” when Divisions are passed
Three Key Parts of Our Program
Play Golf on the Course
Learn Skills in Fun Classes
Train & Track Progress
The Op 36 Mobile App is your family’s guide to play and practice outside of classes. Your classes shouldn’t only feel like a game, the entire golf development journey should!
All your playing and training data is sent to your coach automatically to help guide you in your development. You can learn from educational videos sent by your coach, and see all your goals and journey in one spot. We believe in connecting coach and golfer in a motivating and encouraging way!
We are very excited about the 2022 golf season! Here are the dates of our Women’s Academy Programs.
Our next semester of classes begins the week of May 2nd. A Semester is an 8-week session that includes:
- A weekly golf class at the same time each week
- An on-course golf event, every second Saturday, beginning after the second class
- Tuesdays from May 3rd to June 21st – from 4:30 to 5:30
- Thursdays from May 5th to June 24th – 5:30 to 6:30
- Fridays from May 6th to June 25th – 10:30 to 11:30
- More dates will be added as needed
- Mondays from May 2nd to June 20th – 3:00 to 4:00
- Tuesdays from May 3rd to June 21st – 5:45 to 6:45
- Fridays from May 6th to June 25th – 2:00 to 3:00
- More dates will be added as needed
Our on-course events are what separates our program from so many others. Every second Saturday, our students and parents (as caddies) play a 9-hole event. These are the days when our juniors get to pass to the next Division when they are successful in shooting 36 or lower!
- Saturday May 14th at 5:00
- Saturday May 28th at 5:00
- Saturday June 11th at 5:00
- Saturday June 25th at 5:00